Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 May 2011

About Me


Hi and welcome to my blog as part of the assignment for the Web Communications 101 module. My name is Bhavna Ramnatsing and I am 22 years old. I am a student at the Charles Telfair Institute (CTI) in Moka and i am currently studying to obtain a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication.

This blog acts as my central node for the assignment, and navigation to my contributing nodes is easy and straightforward from here. You simply have to click on any of the links on the right panel of my blog and you shall be redirected to my contributing nodes.

One fine Sunday morning, while I was lazily laying on the grass in the Botanical Garden of Pamplemousses, I saw a couple of guys running forth and backwards, jumping in all directions, climbing up and down anything that they would come across without stopping. First I thought they must be the street guys who have nothing else to do other than this but as I kept observing them, I saw one of them giving them instructions of how to keep their balance of their body while they are doing those movements. And this is how I was introduced to Parkour. I never knew such a sport do existed as it is rarely seen to be practiced by Mauritians. That is why I created this blog mainly to create awareness among people and encourage Mauritians to practice it.

1 comment:

  1. I would also have thought exactly the same thing.
    A bunch of guys who want to do "l'interessant".

    Seriously, I have seen a few videos some time earlier and they are pretty awesome. So much energy, enthusiasm and rapidity in their movements.
    Would be nice if you can write more on the topic.

    Cheers,
    Y.A

    ReplyDelete